For our client, we are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to work on one of their clients’projects. “The front page of the internet,” brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
- 5+ years of proven experience in Data Engineering.
- Proficiency in writing optimized SQL queries using BigQuery (BQ) for large-scale data processing pipelines.
- Experience in creating and modifying workflow orchestration DAGs using Airflow and Python.
- Experience using Python in ETL.
- Knowledge of Data Modeling, specifically BQ data types (e.g. ARRAY, STRUCT, JSON, STRING, etc.), and the ability to select the appropriate type for the features being incorporated into the pipeline.
- Familiarity with machine learning or data science is a big plus, as the candidate will contribute to the ML model training dataset generation pipeline and engage with other machine learning engineers in the team.
- Availability to work till 12 am Pacific Coast time daily.
- Upper-intermediate level of English proficiency and excellent communication skills.