Who We Are
Our CISCO R&D team is working on the new generation of silicon which will be part of all families of Cisco devices that will drive the future of the internet. This is an opportunity to work with worldwide distributed Cisco R&D centers and learn from the best engineers in the field. The result of your work will be integrated into the products of the largest companies on the planet, with products that have the potential to reshape the world as we know it. We are looking for people who are in love with technology and engineering to help us push the limits of what is possible through innovation, determination, and teamwork.
What you’ll do
- You will be part of the R&D team, facing the IT team responsible for Jira administration.
- Partner with cross-functional teams across organizations to design and implement solutions using JIRA and following industry best practices.
- Develop custom templates, and workflows (automation) in JIRA to manage projects, Epic, Issues, and tasks for the entire organization.
- You accept requirements, develop user-friendly solutions, and implement them in collaboration with the departments. Daily responsibilities will include scripting, managing permissions in the tool, troubleshooting any application-related issues, configuring workflows, and creating new projects within the JIRA.
- Create, maintain, and support dashboards and advanced filters for end users reporting capabilities.
- Providing Consultation, Support, and Implementation on migration to Atlassian tools.
- Perform Migrations of existing Projects in JIRA. As part of the move of our old ticket system, you will act as a domain expert on Atlassian, providing analysis of complex use cases and delivering comprehensive solutions.
- Troubleshoot and Resolve issues as they arise with JIRA Projects in coordination with admins.
- Creation of Custom Post functions and triggers using Groovy Script in Atlassian.
- Design, develop, configure, test, and implement integrations between Atlassian software and external applications.
- Use Jira to deliver creative solutions for non-standard use cases.
- Conduct training for employees and new hires on JIRA regarding how to use the tools, new functionality, etc.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of hands-on experience working with the Atlassian product suite, with a specific focus on JIRA.
- Hands-on experience installing, upgrading, integrating, and supporting Atlassian products.
- Possess a solid understanding of the complexities and components of a migration/consolidation of Atlassian applications.
- Experience with API manipulation in Atlassian applications
- Experience enhancing and adding functionality to Jira instances.
- Experience working with REST APIs.
- Basic knowledge of Linux operating system.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines across multiple complex projects, independently.
- Understanding of system administration principles (Monitoring, Network, Storage, Scripting)
- Analytical skills in troubleshooting and can prepare and communicate complex issues in an understandable manner.
- You are a team player, impress with your open, friendly, supportive demeanor and use your creative freedom. Strong communication skills and a hands-on mentality round off your profile.
- Desire to work in a diverse environment, interacting with many roles and teams made up of passionate industry experts working toward a common goal.
Nice to Have
- Certifications: Preferred candidates with possess valid Atlassian certifications – Jira Administrator, Jira Service Management Administrator, Confluence Administrator, Cloud Administrator
- Ability to handle and thrive with multiple requirements and projects.
- Experience with DevOps, Agile Development or Quality Assurance.
- Passion and ability to invent and create new Atlassian configurations/solutions to solve challenges.
- Knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure basics including application server and database setup.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns, and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box. But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it). Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA). We take accountability, bold steps, and take the difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward. So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world-changing? Be you, with us!