Senior C++ Software Engineer
We are seeking a Software Engineer with a C++/Python background to help us develop, optimize and maintain applications and services running on network devices. This revolutionary technology comes with its own set of engineering challenges. This is why we seek for a true engineer to join our Belgrade team and continuously evolve along with the project. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a leading team developing a next-gen
the product that will soon handle all internet packets in the world.
Who you’ll work with
The team is working on the new generation of silicon which will be part of all families of Cisco devices that will drive the future of the internet.
This is an opportunity to work with worldwide distributed Cisco R&D centers and learn from the best engineers in the field.
We are looking for people who are in love with technology and engineering to help us push the limits of what is possible through innovation, determination, and teamwork.
What you’ll do
- You will be involved in all aspects of software development: architecture and system design, implementation, testing, and sustaining
- Linux applications and services running on network devices
- Develop systems that run complex code in high-bandwidth environments
- Collaborate and work with other teams on implementing new features
- Enhance and optimize existing solutions
- Problem-solving and debugging the failures to the root cause
Who you are
- 6+ years of related work experience as a Software Engineer on Linux-based platforms
- Strong development experience in C/C++/python and object-oriented methodologies
- Experience developing features on software projects relating to network access and connectivity
- Understanding of networking concepts & experience with TCP/IP and associated protocols
- Experience with CPU/Memory Management/IO and Virtualization technologies (Desired)
- Experience with Git version control
- Suitable University degree
- Agile software development experience
- Excellent collaboration, communication & troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Dockers or other container services is a big plus
- Understanding of L2 and L3 network protocols is considered as a plus
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all. We embrace digital and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns, and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box. But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it). Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.). We take accountability, bold steps, and take the difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward. So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world-changing? Be you, with us!