Who We Are
CCBill is an online payment services provider used by more than 30,000 websites globally that supports the needs of both new and established businesses in the ecommerce and online space. Typical projects on the CCBill side include integration with new processors, improving reporting, and enhancement of systems that can handle high volume transactions with high availability over 3 satellites in Phoenix, Ashburn and the Netherlands. You will have the opportunity to work on both existing and new products and features.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Software Development, the Software Development Team Lead will guide, mentor and lead a software development team, consisting of 4-5 Software Developers, in their day-to-day tasks.
She/he will have the opportunity to work on both existing and new products and features, and participate in the design and development of applications for CCBill.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Leads a team of Software Developers through the development life cycle by providing guidance and support.
- Assists the team with understanding business and technical requirements.
- Ensures that all project deliverables meet release criteria.
- Acts as reference point for team members and other stakeholders (mainly architecture & other cross-functional development teams).
- Participates in analysis and design activities.
- Follows and ensures development best practices.
- Participates in the recruitment process for new team members.
Key Skills & Qualifications
- 4+ years’ experience as a Java Software Developer, preferably with previous experience leading or mentoring a software development team.
- Degree in computer science or engineering.
- Proficient with object-oriented design methodologies, database technologies, and an understanding of web technologies.
- Experience with the design and delivery of distributed, concurrent, mission-critical systems implemented using technologies such as the Spring Framework (core, MVC, integration, ORM), JMS (ActiveMQ), Hibernate ORM, MySQL and standalone Java services.
- Proficient with the use of Linux, with the ability to trouble-shoot problems at the systems level.
- An understanding of build automation tools such as Maven, source control tools, and bug tracking software
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a highly innovative and creative team, in a great working environment using the latest technologies, methodologies, and frameworks. A competitive salary and benefits package is on offer to the right candidate.