Beamr is a video technology and image science software company. Our solutions and technologies are backed by 53 International granted patents, making us a world leading provider of video encoding, transcoding, and optimization software solutions that enable high quality, performance, and unmatched bitrate efficiency for live and VOD video services. Hollywood studios, MSO’s, and some of the world’s largest OTT streaming services rely on Beamr’s content-adaptive bitrate (CABR) technology and software encoding innovations to guarantee the highest video quality at the lowest bitrate possible.
About the Role
The new recruit would be a contributing member to the algorithmic development across Beamr. He/She would work on evaluating, tuning and improving the algorithms used in various parts of the Beamr products, and help integrate and verify these algorithms inside the products.
- A computer science/engineering background with at least 3 years experience
- Ability to understand algorithm details and ideas, and to improve or extend them
- Background in image/video processing is an advantage
- Knowledge of Python, Windows/Linux, and some familiarity with C++
- Excellent spoken and written English (spoken Russian is an advantage)
- Methodical and organized – able to define, set up, run and analyze experiments
- Curious, fast learner who enjoys the challenge of a good riddle
- Independent worker, suited to remote work
- A keen eye for visual detail, and visual quality of image and video – an advantage
- Knowledge of video compression (theory and/or tools) – an advantage.